LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 1, 2011

There Goes my Baby......

I know I say it just about every month on the 22nd......but sheesh, this girl is growing up fast!
Today was just one of those days where it hit home.
Tonight I cried after I put her to bed, because I was just so thankful that I got to be with her ALL day and I didn't miss a single moment of it! It's like I could see her learning and growing right before my eyes!
Literally, Elliott learned about a dozen new words today: truck, milk ("mekaahhh".....so cute!), bird, Rosco, and more that I'm forgetting right now. It's like she just woke up and was like "I'm going to learn how to talk today".
And, since Sunday, she has been a potty-training machine. She hasn't had a wet diaper/underwear/pull-up besides nap and bedtime in two days! Again, it's like a switch was flipped and she just "gets" it (um, knock on wood about the potty-training thing).
Finally, while I was getting Ellie out of the bath tonight, I had a flashback. While this toddler was standing up asking to get out of the bath, I vividly remembered just 18 months ago bathing a tiny, helpless baby.......being ever so gentle and carefully rinsing her loose, wrinkly skin. We still use the same baby wash, and the smell brings back some amazingly strong memories.
The tears just keep coming, but they're happy tears.
I'm so blessed to be in this little girl's life! And to be her mommy, of all things.....well, that just blows me away. Blessed even seems like too insignifigant of a word.
Thank you, Lord!

We played at a fun splash park this morning, and while Elliott was very timid at first, she soon decided that the water was pretty fun :)
She ran and played, and I practically had to drag her away when it was time to go!

Our friends were there, too. Melissa from Hi, Baby, and her adorable kiddos Zoe, Rowan, and Stella (Ellie's bff)

And I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all of my awesome readers. Thank you for your comments, emails, and encouragement about my weight loss adventure. I'm feeling extra motivated because of all of you! I can't wait for our first link-up on Wednesday......get ready!

If you vote, maybe we'll do a cute vlog of Ellie and all her new words!Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww that's amazing! I love watching my daughter grow, it's the best feeling!! She's a little cutie. :)

Oh Jazmyn

Amy Nielson said...

love this post! i get choked up watching parker sometimes too. i just LOVE the little boy he is molding into every day. so much fun, & we are SO blessed!! :)

Unknown said...

Awe this is so sweet! Its amazing how fast its gone by. You're so blessed to have each other! <3