LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thank you, Jillian Michaels!

So, I've been dieting and working out (fairly) consistently for the past two months. I've made good progress, I feel better about myself, and I fit back into my Seven jeans. However, this week I hit a major wall. I had been working out only maybe once or twice a week, and last week I did nothing!! My eating habits also went down the toilet last week (and are still floating around down there this weekend). Overall, I was just worried about losing some of the precious progress I had already made. Afterall, dieting and exercising are not fun, so I absolutely need the rewards of the number on the scale and the new/old clothes fitting again to motivate me.

Anyways, yesterday morning I was determined to do something, anything to work my way back on track. I asked Scott to wake up with the baby, because I would be working out first thing in the morning. For the past two months I've been using The Firm dvds and weights for working out, and I've really enjoyed them. You start off at a pretty easy level and 20-minute workouts, and work your way up to harder and longer ones. Well, pretty much all of the workouts now are at least 45 minutes to one hour. A good, refreshing workout, but rarely do I have time for that!! I squeeze my workouts in while E naps, and then I also like to shower and get dressed before she wakes up. (please read posts below if you are curious as to how long a typical Elliott nap lasts) So, I decided to try out JM again, because I couldn't remember what her workouts were like. I tried out the 30 Day Shred dvd right after I had Ellie, but I didn't remember it being particularly challenging, although I do remember that each workout was only 30 minutes!!

Saturday morning I took out The Firm dvd and replaced it with Jillian Michaels. Best decision ever!! Those 30 minutes were SO tough!! And I felt that I got a much better workout in those 30 minutes than I do after an hour of The Firm. Don't get me wrong, The Firm still has a place in my workout regimen, and I'm looking into some other videos to add some variety, but JM is my go-to girl for a quick, tough workout. Really, by 6:00 last night I was soooo sore!! This morning I'm a little stiff, and I chose not to work out, but to stretch a little. I'm so glad that I found (or rather re-discovered in the bottom of my closet) the 30 Day Shred and all that it has to offer. I now have a workout that I should be able to do any day of the week. I know that I have 30 extra minutes each day (no matter how busy or tired I seem, yes, I do have 30 minutes) to exercise.

So thank you, Jillian Michaels. You gave me that extra little push I needed to continue my weight-loss and healthy-lifestyle trek (at least for this week)!

~Amanda

No comments: