LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

DIY Wednesday: Stockings

Two years ago, for our first Christmas together, I made stockings for Scott and me. Okay, so I didn't make make them, but I embellished them. Close enough, right? I always tell people I made our stockings :)

So naturally Elliott needs one to match ours! Scott wanted to buy all new stockings, and have our names embroidered on them. But I saw that costing us a fortune, and being a pain in the you-know-what every time we have a new addition to the family. We can have those once our family is complete :) So off to Target I went, hoping that they would have the same cable-knit stockings that I bought two years ago.....not quite, but it was close enough! I bought a red one, and brought it home and got to work!

Do you think I'm taking this bumble bee thing too far?! Nah, me either :)

These embellishments are super easy to do (which is why it's a project I would undertake, right?), anyone could do it! Just some hot glue and buttons! Nope, I'm not even fancy enough to sew them on!!



I love our one-of-a-kind stockings :)

~Amanda

1 comment:

JonasAxel said...

adorable! you are so creative and i think they are even more special than the store bought embrodiered one...