LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 25, 2011

That's Gonna Leave a Mark.....

Yesterday the sun was shining here in the Pacific Northwest. Can you believe it?! Nope, neither can I!!
I feel like I haven't seen the sun in forever (or about 7 months, no biggie) so when we are graced with a blue-sky-bright-sunny day, I try to make the most of it!

Most of our morning yesterday was taken up with a doctor's appointment (which, by the way, led to good news. Ellie's ear is still just slightly red, so no more antibiotics or allergic reactions for us this week!). With the few minutes we had left before I had to go to work, I wanted to get Elliott outside. We were walking our usual path on the sidewalk in front of our house when Ellie ripped her hand out of mine. Not a big deal. She's independent, but she listens when I tell her "no" or "stop". Also, she's pretty steady on her feet, and she's been walking this sidewalk for a couple months now all by herself. Well, apparently her brown maryjanes got the best of her, because not one second later she did a full-on faceplant on the concrete.

I knew our walk was over, so I took her inside to assess the damage.
Just a funky looking raspberry on the right side of her forehead (the side that is conveniently covered by her comb-over most days). I was relieved that there was no blood, and just a few tears.
And Elliott was quickly and easily distracted by her favorite item of the week:
I love the crooked little look she gets on her face when she's wearing her sunglasses!
Sunglasses.
How fitting for a day like yesterday!
And while that fall may leave a mark on Elliott's forehead, this sunny day might just leave a mark on our hearts, too.

Can you spare two clicks?
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

~Amanda

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Awww...Adelynn has face-planted outside so many times. Our driveway is slightly angled and when she starts walking down it...she slowly gets faster and faster and then takes a fall. Luckily my husband is calm, because I get SO nervous...

I LOVE the sunglasses - and all of the pics! Hopefully the sun will make some more appearances this weekend!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Oooh sorry she fell, but she sounds like a trooper!! And cuuuute sunglasses! I try to get Bennett to wear them but he just rips them off of his face!

Unknown said...

Awe, Isla has had her fair share of bumps on the head :(
Those glasses are too dang cute!! I love a baby in glasses! Enjoy your sun cause we have your rain!