LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 22, 2011

15 Months

Today, little miss Elliott is 15 months old.
The 18 month mark is fast approaching, and I just don't know about all of this!
Wasn't it just yesterday that we had her first birthday party?! No?!
Wasn't it just yesterday that she was a crabby, fussy infant who would only calm down if her momma held her a certain way and danced around the house just so?!


Well, even if I sometimes mourn the loss of babyhood.....I wouldn't trade today for any other day!
I am certain that I say this all the time, but this age is my favorite so far!
Ellie is really learning to communicate, and not only does it gives us more of an idea of her personality, but it helps immensly to know what it is that she wants or needs. She also is laughing and smiling a lot more, something that she's been slowly working up to.
She like to make us laugh, and she really strives to make us notice her and be proud of her.
And we are so proud.


Some things that Elliott is up to in her 15th month of life:

*Signs "please" and "all done"
*Says: bye-bye, hi (all.the.time), hello, ruff-ruff, momma, dada, winsey (apparently at my mom's house she tries to call the dog, who is named Winston), buzz-buzz, ball, moo, tickle-tickle
*Grabs my finger and leads me through the house (usually to show me that she wants something: if she wants milk, she'll take me to the fridge. If she wants to read a book, she leads me to her room.)


*Blows kisses (cute story: When I say "love you!", Ellie blows me a kiss! I didn't even teach her that, so I'm not sure where she picked it up but I'm in love with it!!) She also gives real kisses when you ask her for one (this creeps Scott out because she kisses on the lips.....whatevs)
*Loves to talk on the phone, especially saying "bye-bye" right when I hang up
*Throws Rosco's toy for him, and tries to pet him constantly
*Pretends to cook in her playhouse


*Loves to throw a ball, "color", play with chalk, push a stroller or shopping cart, and put on shoes and hats
*Elliott hates (and always has) diaper changes and getting dressed/undressed
*Has a love/hate relationship with the car (she hates getting strapped in, but then she's usually fine....unless she drops her buzz buzz. That's not ok.)
*Is even more obsessed with her buzz buzz than ever before!


*Loves gym time (and I have many proud moments there, like when she runs down the trampoline ramp and jumps into the foam pit! Proud momma right here!)
*She can now climb onto the couch by herself. She likes to run across it. (Not cool.) And then, when I tell her to sit down, she laughs. (So not cool.)


*Elliott now sleeps in a big girl bed. (we also moved her bedtime back to 8:00....she literally goes down without a peep! And, she sleeps in her bed 90% of the time.)
*Potty "learning" is still just learning....and that's ok! (we are now using cloth diapers exclusively because I refuse to buy disposables.)
*Ellie is now working on growing her 5th tooth. I think she's picking up in that department.....which is awesome, except that it seems to make her very uncomfortable for a few days at a time :(
*Still the pickiest eater I know! Current favorites: strawberries, string cheese, mac and cheese, pb&j sandwiches, asparagus, mashed potatoes, dried apples and pears, waffles, and any of those squeezable baby foods.


I love this little girl to pieces!!
She really does make me a proud momma....I don't know how else to describe it!

Elliott Erin, you are the light of my life! I love you more than you can know.

And, just for fun....here's a little flashback!
This is Elliott last year at Easter:





What a little baldy! She has changed so much over the past year! You can be sure that I will post pictures from Easter next week....how fun it will be to compare them to last year's pictures!


Happy Friday!!

~Amanda

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE this post!

Isn't crazy how times flies when you have kids? Adelynn is fast approaching the 17 month mark and Kaleb will be 7 this year.

She was such a cute bald baby! I still cannot put a ponytail in Adelynn's hair! lol

I can't wait to see this years Easter Pics!

jinnie said...

This is such a great post! She is such a beautiful little girl. And seriously, the flashback photos?! My mouth literally fell open and I said "Awwwww" out loud! I can't wait to see the Easter pictures! :)

Tia Colleen said...

Oh look at her HUGE laundry/Easter basket full of loot!! So cute.

Unknown said...

<3 this! What a big girl she is! Happy 15 months Ellie!!! I also love looking back at old pictures........it's amazing to see how far they've come! :)

Stephanie Thigpen said...

Daw! <3 She is just getting so big! It's the best to see how much they change. And she's got quite the Easter stash! Go Ellie!!