LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 1, 2012

11 Things

I just played this fun little game not too long ago, but Mandy (at A Sorta Fairytale) tagged me and I just couldn't resist! I don't talk about myself a ton on this blog, so sometimes it's nice to share just a little bit about me! :)


There are some rules to this game, and they're listed below. After you read through all of my answers, check out the bottom of this post to see if I tagged you!!


1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you've tagged them.



I really like this picture of me.....aren't cell phone pics the best?!


AND, 11 fun facts about Amanda:


1. I love cheese and pickle sandwiches (my mom taught me to love these, and now I crave them often!)


2. I hate to work out or exercise.


3. I love horses. Like, I used to be borderline obsessed. I still would drop everything and take a job as a horse trainer or even a stable-hand if the opportunity arose!


4. My dog, Rosco, was my birthday present from my parents when I was 16.....he's still alive and kicking, and is such a loyal dog.


5. I have baby fever like whoa!


6. I'm obsessed with tv.....specifically trashy "reality" tv shows. The farther from reality, the better!


7. I hate doing the dishes. I don't mind the rest of the housework, but dishes are the worst!


8. I am coming to terms with the fact that I have slight anxiety/depression/OCD issues. They are very slight in the grand scheme of things, but it helps if I acknowledge it and deal with these issues head-on.


9. Scott and I bought our home when we were pretty young (25 ish). While sometimes it's difficult, I'm proud of what we've accomplished so far, and I kind of want to keep this house forever (even after we outgrow it).


10. I LOVE sleep, but since having a baby I have found it impossible to nap. There's always something I feel that I should be doing......it's quite exhausting, to be honest!


11. I have my Bachelor's degree in Speech and Hearing Sciences (really not good for anything unless I got my Master's.....)




AND, here are Mandy's questions for me, and my answers:


1. What's the most interesting thing you have ever done? I'm really not a super interesting person.....but last year I did the Warrior Dash. It's a 5K race with mud and obstacles along the way. It was terrifying and exhilarating all at the same time!

2. How much time every day do you spend on the internet? (be honest people!) :) Probably way more than I would like to even say! If you count being on Facebook and all the other fun apps on my phone, I would have to say roughly 26 hours a day! ;)

3. What are some of your favorite blogs? SO Many!! I like reading really personal stuff (not in a creepy way), so a lot of smaller blogs, and the blogs that my close friends or family write are my favorites!

4. If you had to eat at the same restaurant every day for a month, where would you choose? Um, that's a tough one! Probably Red Robin. I love eating there, and they have a pretty good variety of foods, so I'm sure it would hold me over for a month :)

5. Who do you really look up to and admire? My mom! I've talked about her before, but she's seriously one of my best friends, and a great role model. If I can learn to care for and about others the way that she does, I will be a happy, happy lady!

6. If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current location, where would that be? I've never really had any desire to move anywhere else since I have so much family around me. If I had to choose somewhere else, I guess it would be California. It's warmer, but not too warm.....and I've heard that people are just really nice there! 

7. How do you feel about reality shows? I think you already know how I feel.....LOVE THEM!

8. How would you describe your style? Hmmmm. Clothing style? I would say contemporary, modest, and classic. I like to wear things that won't go out of style in 10 minutes, and throw in some cheap/easy accessories or other clothing items that are new and hip. Also? I will always be a sweatshirt and jeans type of girl!

9. Where do you see yourself & your family in 10 years? Oy! Hopefully with one or two more kiddos.....living in a bigger house somewhere not too far from here (in a good school district). Happily married, able to take vacations, and enjoying life. I may or may not go back to school eventually, so maybe I would be working on my Master's degree?
 
10. Favorite dessert? Ice cream! I love love love ice cream and would eat it every night if my waistline would allow it ;)

11. What is your most valued possession? (kids don't count) I would have to say my wedding ring. I don't have a whole lot of "things" that I value or pride myself on. My ring means more to me than anything else that I own.






AND, here are my questions for the ladies that I tag:


1. What is your favorite meal?
2. Did you ever (or do you still) have a nickname(s)? What were they and how did they come to be?
3. What is your favorite time of the day?
4. What is one chore that you absolutely hate?
5. If money and gas prices were no object, what kind of car/vehicle would you love to own?
6. Lefty or righty?
7. Would you consider yourself to be an organized person?
8. Do you get nervous speaking in front of small groups? Large groups?
9. Do you have a celebrity crush? If so, who? (pictures are totally acceptable ;)
10. If you could eat only fruits or vegetables for a whole week, which would it be? Fruits or veggies?
11. What is your favorite local (non-chain) restaurant (or coffee shop, ice cream parlor, etc)?




Now, it's your turn to play along! I really want to be able to tag anyone and everyone who hasn't played this yet! So, if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged :)


And, since it's the first of the month and I always try to point out my lovely sponsors 
(--------->>) on the first, please check out these awesome ladies! 
And, I tag each of them to play along. So Barb, Courtney, AshleaMelissa, Wendy, Kiara, and Amanda.......TAG! You're it!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

Oh my gosh, I'm with you on dishes...I HATE doing dishes. They are the worst. Thanks for playing along!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for tagging me! :)

And you know I'm with you on the baby fever. Why is everyone pregnant right now????