LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 20, 2012

Baby #2: 10 Weeks

Today marks the end of the 10th week of this pregnancy. I felt like I was keeping a secret for SO long, and in reality it hasn't been that long at all! Thank you all for the congratulations and well-wishes. I'm so ready to be excited about this baby......just as soon as this all-day nausea wears off! It's been 6 and a half weeks of constantly feeling like I'm going to lose my lunch (or breakfast, or dinner). I've tried many different forms of relief. At best, a certain food or drink or trick will help for a few days, and then I'm left in search of a new way to ease my tummy trouble.

But, it's not all misery and moping around. I mean, yeah the nausea and exhaustion are keeping me from many parts of my normal routine, but that doesn't mean I'm any less excited to be growing a new little life! We had an ultrasound last week (just to get some exact measurements and a due date), and it made it all the more real to me! How exciting it was to see this little baby wiggling around with a fast-beating little heart! Gosh, I just love that feeling of seeing that for the first time all over again! I've been using a doppler at home every few days just to get a little listen for the heartbeat.......I have to say I'm surprised that I can find it pretty quickly most times, even at this early stage of pregnancy. I cannot wait for a big baby bump and tiny baby kicks to bring me even more reassurance that everything's going ok in there!

Anyways, I'm hoping to keep up with weekly pregnancy updates......hopefully I'll get a little better at the self-portrait bump photos ;)


Weeks Pregnant: 10

Weight Gain: Not sure :/ Our scale broke this week, so I'll need to get a new one. But before it broke my weight hadn't changed at all.

How I'm Feeling: Honestly? Tired. And sick. But excited! And ready for the 1st trimester to be over already.....

What I Miss this Week: Feeling normal. I never had any sickness with Elliott, so this is all new to me, and taking some getting used to! I want to eat and actually enjoy my food!

What I'm Looking Forward to: A bump! I'd much rather look good and pregnant than be in-between.....at this rate, though, I'm sure it won't take long for a bump to really be noticeable!

Next Appointment: May 7th!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Love, Chelsea said...

Looking great! Hope the sickness starts to ease up soon!

Tasha said...

How exciting!! I hope you're feeling less nauseous any day now :)

Unknown said...

You look great! I'm totally jealous that your appointment is before mine :) I hope this sickness let's up soon :(