LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: Halloween Recap!


Okay, I guess this is more of a "what-she-wore"/"cute-pictures-of-my-kid" post than it is a Wordless Wednesday post, but it'll do!
Ellie wore her cute Skeleton shirt on Halloween, while I worked for a few hours. She then decided to wear my Uggs after I got home. She literally would not take them off! I can't blame her, they're pretty much the most comfortable shoes. Ever.
Then she was being all cute with her water bottle.

And finally we get to the good part: the costume!


Little Raggedy Ann!

The best part about this costume, in my opinion, is the price tag. I spent a whopping $10 on this!
The dress and apron are vintage, I wore them when I was a baby (although not together. The white piece went over a cute red dress back in the day). We already had the black shoes on hand. The only thing that I had to buy were the leg warmers, which I found on Etsy for super cheap!
All that was left to acquire was a yarn wig. I knew that even if I bought one, it would probably be too big, so I wanted to make one. I had a couple balls of red yarn, so I took on the challenge. I started to make the wig by tying yarn to a crocheted beanie. It was a genius idea, in theory. It actually turned out to be quite a mess though, so I was incredibly relieved when my mom took that little project off of my hands. A few days later (with the help of nylons and a sewing machine) my mom showed us the finished product......it was perfect!
I love how the wig is full and big and messy.......SO cute!!

Okay, I really could stare at these pictures all day! (and I just might ;)
Happy Wednesday!!
The fabulous Baby Striblings
Photobucket

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I just love the Raggedy Ann costume idea! I would've never thought of it, but it's just the cutest!!

Kiara Buechler said...

The wig is amazing, good job grandma! The costume is so adorable!

Unknown said...

How adorable Amanda!!!! She's a doll and I LOVE that it's your old dress!!!!

No and Jen said...

oh my gosh.. she is soo adorable. haha so cute! thanks for sharing!

Jenna from itsjustcalledspicy.blogspot.com

Dmama said...

Any instructions on how you made the wig?