LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Socks and Smiles

Elliott is not the smiliest baby. I always imagined that she would be smiley and giggly (kinda like her mom), but the older she gets, the more I realize that she pretty much takes after her dad in this department. Don't get me wrong, she loves to play and will smile when she recognizes someone, and she'll even laugh if I work hard enough for it! However, Elliott will often sit and contemplate life....sometimes she intimidates strangers as they stare at her, tell me how cute she is, and then wait for a smile or giggle, anything. Ellie usually gives a serious stare back at them, and after a few uncomfortable seconds of silence, I will tell the stranger "she's a very serious baby" so that no one gets their feelings hurt!

Well, there are other times where the littlest thing seems to make Elliott light up! Today it was a pair of socks. I had her hold the pair of socks while I was getting us both ready this morning. Then when I went to put the socks on her feet, she wouldn't give them up! She had such a good time chewing on them, talking to them, and waving them around that I just had to let her keep playing with them. Just when I thought her smile couldn't get any bigger, she figured out that the pair of socks could be seperated into two individual socks....double the fun!! Enjoy......









1 comment:

What I Did Today said...

OH!! She is so darling! Who knew that a pair of socks could be so special? I love getting excited about the seemingly ordinary through the new eyes of a youngling.