LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DIY Wednesday!

This week's little project was, as you can see below, photo editing! Yesterday I entered my first photo contests. I took the photos myself, and then I used a photo editing software for the very first time! I really would like to learn more about the process, and maybe one day invest in some quality software. But for now I'm going to continue to play around with Picnik for my editing. I still have plenty to learn, but it's very fun, and I get to look at my gorgeous daughter every time I'm working on a pic :)

Here was my first one:

Before

After
Just a little bit of cropping, sharpening, warming up the colors, and then I applied one of the free effects that Picnik has to offer.

And here's the second one:

Before

After
This is my all-time favorite picture of Elliott. I was hesitant to change it too much, because I was already in love with it, but I actually like the edit, as well! I again did some sharpening, and then I used an effect in Picnik that filters the edges a little, and gives a little black and white feel to it. Then I also sharpened the focus around the eyes and took the outer parts of her head and face out of focus. This one will be framed :)

I'm enjoying this all so much, and I love that I have a camera that I can grow with and learn more about. I really need to practice with it some more, and be intentional about getting some good shots (most of my good pictures right now are accidents).

Happy Wednesday!

~Amanda

No comments: