LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 31, 2010

Flashback Friday


On this last day of 2010 (ok, that's just crazy!! I feel like so much has happened in 2010, I kinda don't want to say goodbye to it!!) I will leave you with a wonderful flashback!

One year ago, I was pregnant. Very, very pregnant! I was huge, and I really thought that Elliott would arrive any day! Boy, was I wrong. I would actually get quite a bit bigger, and go 12 days past my due date of 1/10!! Looking back, I'm proud of my pregnancy, my labor and delivery, my journey into mommy-hood, and my struggles and successes in losing weight and finding balance in this new life of mine. I don't regreat any of it (even gaining close to 50 pounds during my pregnancy!!) and I thank my God for the experiences, trials, and amazing moments He has given me this past year.

Looking at this picture, I'm glad that I put in the effort to get back into shape. I know it's not the most important thing in life, but it sure makes me feel good! Not only can I fit into my "skinny" jeans again, but there's a sense of pride that I have, and a new confidence that I have in myself and my body when I look at pictures like this. I feel like this journey has helped me so much emotionally and spiritually, as well as physically.

I can honestly say that I love my life right now! My husband has really been stepping it up lately, and it makes me want to be around him, to make him fall in love with me every day :) My little girl is absolutely my world, and I get giddy just thinking about spending time with her! I am thankful every day for my family and friends.....I'm not sure how I am so blessed to be surrounded by such great people, but you know who you are and my life is better because you are in it!

Happy (and safe) New Year to you all!!
See you in 2011!!!

~Amanda

No comments: