LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 8, 2011

Funny Things Kids Say

It's weird to me that I can now call Elliott a "kid", but I think it's the truth.
She walks, she talks, she feeds herself.....she communicates with us surprisingly well for a 17 month old.

And at just shy of 18 months, I'm pretty shocked that I already have a "Kids say the darndest things" list for her. I thought I better write it out before she goes and grows up some more and heaven forbid I foget some of these sweet things she says:

1. At night when I tuck her in now, I kiss her and say "I love you! Good night!" and she responds with a repeated "Bye!" until I leave the room.

2. If, after tucking her in to bed, she happens to hear us walking past her bedroom door, she lets out a healthy "Hi!"

3. When I say "Love you!" she usually will immediately lean in for a kiss, complete with the "muah!!" sound!

4. When Ellie wakes up in the morning, she now shouts into the monitor "All done!!!"

5. She also stands up and says "all done!" when she feels bathtime should be over.

6. I've taught Ellie to say "thank you momma" when I give her something.....she has applied that phrase to most every other situation, too.
If you do something for her or give her something she's asked for, you can expect a "thank you momma" in return!

7. She still says "more" out loud when you tell her to say please.

8. If I turn around to look at her in the car, she immediately starts "dancing" (in the car, this entails bobbing her head wildly and flinging her arms). (OK, I know this one isn't something that she SAYS, but it's pretty darn cute!)

9. She will repeat  just about anything we say, so sometimes we have fun with it and get her to say some cute things, like "holla!"
Imagine my surprise when she decides to start yelling "holla!!" to the kind old lady in the pasta aisle at Fred Meyer!!
It's my day off, and I'm going to spend it with this little nugget :)
Happy Friday!

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Awww! What a big girl! Doesn't time go by WAY to fast?

Adelynn will start dancing when I turn around and look at her in the car also. It NEVER fails to make me laugh!

Unknown said...

So cute! You should get a video of her saying holla. love it.