LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Liam is 4 Months Old

It's a rare day that Liam takes a long nap. And by long, I mean he's been sleeping for more than an hour now........I'm certain he will wake up any second now, but until then I figured it was smart to sneak in a quick post on the little (errr not so little) guy.

That's right, after raising a petite little miss for three years, I've been completely shocked with Liam's size since day one! I figured I had another average sized newborn hiding in my not-so-little belly again, but much to my surprise (and everyone else's in the delivery room that night), Liam started out at a nice and plump 8 lbs 10 oz. I was floored. Then I was convinced he would slow down on the growth charts. I mean, even though he would be formula fed like his sister, I just didn't think my Korean husband and my petite German self were able to produce a bigger-than-average kid. Well, I've been proven wrong. At least so far.


At today's 4 month well-child check, Liam weighed in at 16 lbs 7 oz. He's got super chubby cheeks, but besides those monsters he really doesn't appear to be a chunkster. The thigh rolls are there, but they're under control. He's not off-the-charts big, it's just so different than what I'm used to. Elliott was always on the bottom end of things, and I was used to clothes sizes lining up with her age.......mister Liam is already wearing 9 month clothes! I really love that my two kiddos are already so much alike, yet so different from each other! It's like I'm experiencing everything for the first time again.


The rest of Liam's stats are all above-average as well......26.5" long and a huge head! He's the happiest little guy, but he also really likes to be held and loves attention.....from anyone. I often ask Elliott to "make brother smile" while I finish up a task in the other room. I'll talk more about life with two in a separate post, but I'll say now that it doesn't suck :)


Liam hasn't rolled over yet, but he's *this* close to sitting up on his own, and he loves to be sitting or standing and looking all around. He giggles and smiles all the time, and falls asleep for naps and bedtime mostly on his own. He still doesn't sleep through the night, and I may be looking into The No-Cry Sleep Solution soon. I've heard good things about it! 


I'm sure we'll start some solids here in the next month or two, but I'm really not in any rush. I would love to try Baby-Led Weaning.......it's not just for breastfed babies, right? That's a serious question. Anyone with experience with baby-led weaning and formula feeding? I'd love to chat about it!



Photobucket

2 comments:

melissa rohr said...

love him! while we were in mn we started letting robin "nibble" on soft things. we'll officially start blw at the end of this month. one i saw that i can't wait to try is, you cut up avocado into tiny cubes then roll it is crushed flax seed so that it isn't so slimy and slippery for them to grab and they are getting two great foods!

robin rolled over while we were in mn too! both ways. i thought he never would haha.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://huncn.com/home/space.php?uid=75867&do=blog&id=69973]hermes birkin replica uk[/url] EPOS technological innovations provides for a better probability to monitor coupled with review final competences involved with in a store organizations and businesses. possessors are able to use varied statements earned all by EPOS devices and employed to make review of little functionality over a stage of time. individuals studies can really be helpful to match up against earlier times running read escalate or sink in transactions. most profitable with the most fragile facets of endeavor end up being used uncovered with those EPOS arrangement earned evaluations.


[url=http://reemo.cn/bbs//forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3194386&extra=]brand handbags[/url] 18th Apec investment Ministers' interacting with stuck the hawaiian


[url=http://jsftgs.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=152078]hermes kelly sale[/url] cut price UGG Knightsbridge retain and collect